ABOUT TEAM FORDZILLA
Team Fordzilla was launched at Gamescom in Cologne. With a rich heritage in motor racing, it was only natural for Ford to embrace digital racing as esports is fast becoming the biggest competitive stage in the world.
From this point, Team Fordzilla continued to recruit and grow keeping these values at its core. Team Fordzilla are restructuring the team to focus on each of our main gaming platforms allowing more dedicated support and training for our Pro and Elite drivers.
After recruiting for its German team on the ground at Gamescom, Team Fordzilla headed to Milan, Madrid, Paris and London to establish and recruit for its Italian, Spanish, French and British teams. The European teams are led by five captains competing in various local and global events such as Le Mans Esport Series Two.
Team Fordzilla has a unique approach to gaming and is proud to build a community around its key values of accessibility, inclusivity, competitiveness and… fun! With grassroot recruitment at its core, Team Fordzilla provides everyone with a chance to experience sim racing at a professional level. We believe however that gaming should first and foremost be fun which is why we value laughs as much as wins.
Our purpose: To drive human progress through freedom of movement.
Ford Motor Company touches the lives of people in every corner of the globe, not just by making and selling the most technologically advanced, reliable and fun-to-drive vehicles in the world, but by leading the way in manufacturing and business innovation.
SINCE 1903, FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS PUT THE WORLD ON WHEELS – AND HAS ENJOYED A LONG AND VARIED HISTORY IN MANY DIFFERENT FORMS OF MOTOR RACING TOO.
HERE IS A BRIEF LOOK AT SOME OF OUR MOST SIGNIFICANT SUCCESSES.
A Ford Model T won the transcontinental New York to Seattle cross-country race.
Ionel Zamfirescu and P. G. Cristea won the Monte Carlo Rally driving a Ford V8 ‘Flathead’.
A Lincoln (the luxury division of Ford) actually won the first ever NASCAR race, which was held at North Carolina’s Charlotte Speedway. The following year saw the first win in a Ford brand vehicle at Dayton Ohio.
Three Ford GTs scored a famous 1-2-3 victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a legendary story captured in the 2019 movie Ford v Ferrari. Ford went on to win again in the two following years, arguably the most famous string of American racing victories in the history of the sport.
Ford has enjoyed tremendous success as an engine supplier to Formula One over the years, currently standing at an incredible 176 victories. The first of these wins came back in 1967 at the Dutch Grand Prix, with Jim Clark the victorious driver in the cockpit of the Lotus 49.
Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500 in a 1–2–3 finish for Ford. It was Ford’s 600th NASCAR victory.
In celebration of Ford’s 40th anniversary of winning at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Ford Performance entered four iconic GTs into the GTE Pro class, coming first, third and fourth in their discipline. Ford set GUINNESS WORLD RECORD title for ‘longest video game marathon on a racing game’ using a Ford GT for 48 hours 29 minutes and 21 seconds.
Ford ends full factory involvement in WEC after three successful years and shifts attention to Esports, making its debut in the Le Mans Esports Series Two November 2019.
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT AND WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF IT
Team Fordzilla, Ford’s eSports racing team is launched and begins to recruit racers from across Europe. Always looking to innovate, we took a brand-new approach to building the team, offering inclusivity and fun to all up-and-coming racers.
Entered Le Mans Virtual
Following the end of Ford’s participation in WEC, we launched straight into our first competitive sim-racing competition – Le Mans Virtual Season 2.
MACH-E 1400 released
The epitome of electric performance, the Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 was unveiled and drifted by Ford ambassador Vaughn Gittin Jr and RTR.
Abel Torres makes the switch
Abel Torres Team Fordzilla’s young sim-racer made the switch to real karting in 2021. Supported by Ford and PlayStation, he had a strong start to his career with quick podiums.
IndyCar champion Alex Palou joins
Current IndyCar champion Alex Palou joins Team Fordzilla as a sim-racer. Alex brings a wealth of experience and winning mindset to the team!
Sebastien Loeb kicks-off the new WRC season with M-Sport
Nine time world champion and most successful rally driver of all time joins Ford’s family for the opening rally of the 2022 season at the wheel of the new Ford Puma Hybrid Rally1 alongside Adrien Fourmaux, Gus Greensmith and Craig Breen.
Ford Motor Company Limited. Registered in England: No 235446
Registered Office: Dunton Campus, Arterial Road, Laindon, Essex, SS15 6EE
M.Khan, D.Robinson, A.Barratt, K.Cahill, J.Gardiner, G.Hoare, J.Skerry, J.Schep, B.Spendlove
VAT.NO: GB 246 4257 57
Email [email protected]
Tel: 020 3564 4444
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter
The promoter is: Ford Motor Company Limited of Arterial Road, Laindon, Essex, England, SS15 6EE.
2. The Competition
The title of the competition is FORDZILLA CUP 2020.
3. Entry Instructions
3.1 The competition will run from 9am CET on 5th August (the “Opening Date”) to 12pm CET on 20th August (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
3.2 To enter the competition:
you must have a genuine copy of FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 plus either an Xbox or PC and be free to compete and post a qualifying lap at the time and dates set out in condition 3.1.
if you are identified as one of the fastest 40 participants during the competition, you will then be asked to compete in a live streaming heat which takes place on the 15th and 16th August at 2 pm and 6 pm Central European Time each day. There will be four broadcasts in total.
you must have an online account with either Twitter or Facebook to participate in the competition. You will be asked to provide contact details which include your name and phone number for the Promoter to reach out to you should you make the finals.
entrants are advised to download discord so they can be communicated directly from the Promoter and production team. This will also be a place to ask questions before heats and finals commence.
if successful, you will need to be available between the following days and times to take part in the Semi-finals or Final:
Semi-Final 1: 28th August – time TBC (1 hour show 1-hour race) 12 PM CET
Semi-Final 2: 29th August – Time TBC (1-hour show 1-hour race) 12 PM CET
Final: 30th August - Time TBC (1 Hour show 1-hour race)
3.4 The Promoter will not accept responsibility for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from/or otherwise obstructs him/her in participating in the competition.
3.5 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4.1 The competition is open to European Residents & UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 16 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step” family), of the Promoter, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
4.2 In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize or any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
4.3 The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are completed by a third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent the condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement void.
5. The prize
5.1 The prize for the winner is A full racing setup wheel & Pedals and a gaming monitor from BenQ and gaming headphones from Razer are available to be won.
5.2 Prizes will also be given out to the top three finishers in the final only which include only Razer headphones, at the date and time indicated in condition 3.2(e).
6.1 The decision of the Promoter is final, and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Winner Selection: the three winners will be selected by a computerised system from all entries in the final.
Winner Notification: the three winners will be notified by email via the account provided at the point of entry within 14 days of the closing date and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize.
Winner Announcement: the Promoter will announce the three winners on Twitter after notification and will make available information that a valid prize took place. You agree that if you are a winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
6.2 It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
7. Claiming the prize
7.1 The winner of the prize will have 14 days from being notified to claim the prize. If a winner does not claim their prize and cannot be contacted or is unavailable within this timeframe, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and will award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original.
7.2 Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner(s). There are no cash or alternatives prizes, in whole or in part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
7.3 The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
7.4 The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
8. Limitation of liability
Entry into the competition is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tor or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter further disclaimers liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this competition save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter, its agents, distributors or employees liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
9. Intellectual property rights
9.1 You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website [link website] and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, in connection with any publicity of the competition.
9.2 You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry or accompanying material, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the competition entry and any accompanying material for such purposes.
10. Data protection and publicity
10.1 Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted into future marketing from the Promoter. By entering the competition, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the competition and winners consent to giving their name, image, and town or country of residence.
11.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
11.2 The Promoter reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
11.3. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter (who may share it with its appointed marketing agency or partners) and not to Twitter or Facebook.
11.4 If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
11.5 The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
Information We Collect, Process and Use
By entering the Competition, you will provide us with personal information including your name and social media profiles as well as lap time. We will use this personal information to review your entry and to communicate with you if you are a winner.
You will be expected to take part in a live streaming race event where your social media profiles and lap time may be visible to those viewing the events. We will use this personal information to select the top finishers.
If you are a top finisher, we will use your details to contact you and to arrange delivery of your prize. We will announce your name and winning details on Team Fordzilla Twitter and/or Instagram also publish them, for promotional purposes, along with your photograph and comment on Ford’s social media accounts including Ford’s official Twitter and/or Instagram accounts as well as any other media of our and our affiliates’ choosing. ('Our affiliates' means the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership.)
How We Share Information
In order to manage your Competition participation, we may share personal information with our affiliates and external service providers (including Envy Create) who are subject to agreements that oblige them to only use the personal information as we instruct and to keep it securely.
We may also share personal information obtained through the Website in order to comply with a legal requirement or requests from public authorities; to protect or defend our or another's rights or property; to protect individuals' personal safety; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety, or privacy issues.
Where Information is Stored
Your personal information may be transferred within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), as well as to countries outside the EEA (including to the USA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with our legal obligations to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected irrespective of the country to which it is transferred. These safeguards may include obtaining contractual assurances from any third party given access to your personal information that your personal information will be protected by standards which are equivalent to those that protect your personal information when it is in the EEA. Please see the ‘Your rights’ section of this notice if you would like to know more about how we protect your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA.
Lawful Grounds for Processing Information
There are several lawful grounds on which we may use your information:
- as described above, we need to use certain information about you in order to perform our contract with you by providing you with the services you have requested, for example to fulfill requests you have made and to send you transactional communications;
- we often have a legitimate interest in processing your information for certain purposes, for example; to promote the Ford business, to protect or defend our or another's rights or property; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety, or privacy issues;
- where we believe it is necessary to use your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
in limited circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect someone's safety or vital interests; and
Your Rights and How to Contact Us
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our continuing to process your personal data, or to ask us to delete, restrict the use of, or port your information to another service provider.
If you are unhappy about how we use your information, we hope that in the first instance you will let us know so that we are able to address your concerns. However, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our use of your information, or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact, email: [email protected]
How long do we keep your information
We only keep your information in identifiable form for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- your information is reasonably required in order to provide the services to you;
- your information is reasonably required in order to satisfy the purpose for which you submitted or we collected the information;
- your information is reasonably required in order to protect and defend our rights or property (this will generally be the length of the relevant limitation period in your jurisdiction); or
- we are otherwise required to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
We use appropriate systems, policies and procedures and technology to protect and maintain the security and accuracy of your information.
Team Fordzilla Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: is promoted in the United Kingdom by Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc. The Buckley Building 49 Clerkenwell Green London EC1R 0EB
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Europe aged 16 years or over except employees of and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3.There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. In order to enter the competition an entrant will need a Twitter account and internet connection.
5. Users can only enter into the competition via Team Fordzilla’s competition post hosted at the following account: https://twitter.com/TeamFordzilla
5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://twitter.com/TeamFordzilla
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. Closing date for entry will be 23rd December 2020 at 23.59 PM. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: users must retweet the tweet, reply to the tweet with at least one other Twitter user tagged. Use hashtag #12DaysOfTeamFordzilla and must be following Team Fordzilla’s Twitter account
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. The prizes are as follows: Team Fordzilla socks or Team Fordzilla Hoody, or Team Fordzilla T-Shirt or Xbox Gold membership for 3 months
14. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are non-transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
15. The winner will be notified by DM (Direct Message) on Twitter by Team Fordzilla promoting within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
16. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date via the Team Fordzilla twitter thread
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Team Fordzilla and not to any other party.